Architects Association Maldives (AAM) is an independent professional organisation formed by the architects of Maldives with the aim to promote architecture and represent its profession. It is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit organisation, registered in the Maldives. Our objectives are:
- To foster awareness and appreciation of architecture and the built environment.
- To represent the aims and interests of architects relating to architecture and the built environment and unite fellowship.
- To promote and support practical, aesthetic, scientific and ethical architectural services to the community.
- To support architects in professional development and engage with the challenges of a changing world.
- To build up knowledge and facilitate local and international collaborations relating architecture.
- To watch over and initiate measures that are likely to affect the practice of architecture and to procure/lobby for changes.
Our main activities are in four broad areas
- To improve & increase resources and benefits for members
- To engage & collaborate with stakeholders and public
- To work to improve our professional environment
- To strengthen the structure of the association